The Living Well Network is hiring a Senior Practitioner for the Living Well Network (via Thames Reach) for a fixed term or secondment for 12 months!!
As Senior Practitioner you will support the locality and Hub Coordinator oversee a large caseload of service users and work in partnerships with many different agencies. You will also ensure that our monitoring and data collection is of high standard. In addition you will:
- To supervise support staff within your locality, ensuring their effective supervision supports the locality bad the Hub Coordinator.
- To support staff and managers to consider the needs and risk management of people’s lives and encourage positive risk taking to promote personalised support that builds the person’s resilience and self-management and utilises non-traditional, innovative methods of support and intervention.
- To be responsible for the development of Hub staff utilising supervision, appraisal, solution focused leadership and coaching. To consider other methods of developing staff that come from a range of services and employees to ensure we are maximising their assets to sustain the service.
- Support the team to help users to step down from secondary care or manage their illness with the support of their GP in Primary Care.
- Focus on brief interventions to help people identify social and wellbeing options (e.g. support from other voluntary services, peer support, housing and employment options), and help service users to take up these option.
- Work alongside our statutory and voluntary partners to triage service users who are being referred for mental health support in addition to providing a variety of social needs support.
- Oversee a partnership with Lambeth Council, to support manage Personal Health Budgets and Self Directed Support.
- Identify and complete initial assessments for people with a variety of mental health problems and presenting with support needs related to social functioning
You must have:
- Ability to work quickly and have strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Able to build leadership credibility, rapport and influence internally and externally.
- Highly effective written, verbal and presentational communication skills and able to facilitate groups.
- Strong understanding of issues facing vulnerable people and the services they require.
- Experience of and adapting to processes in a period of change.
- Particular knowledge of the needs and hopes of vulnerable people.
- A strong track record of working in support services.
- A strong understanding of social support needs including the difficulties of social exclusion and housing issues.
The team will work in Lambeth and will be based in our Streatham Office but you will have to travel extensively across the borough in order to meet the needs of the service.
For further information and to apply:
Closing date: 20 March 2017
Interview Date: week commencing 27 March 2017
Salary scale: Grade E £29,133 -£32,478 per annum inc ILW + non-contributory pension
Send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to HR Recruitment Department, Thames Reach, The Employment Academy, 29 Peckham Road, London, SE5 8UA.